Print

Station: Burt, MI

Burt was settled about 1889 as a station on the Cincinnati, Sagnaw & Mackinaw (later GTW) railroad, near the Genesee County line, about 15 miles south of downtown Saginaw. [MPN]


June 4, 1930: The Michigan Public Utilities Commission allows the GTW to change the station at Burt from an agency station to a pre-paid station, with the following provisions - the station must be maintained in a sanitary, clean condition, heated and lighted for patrons during hours when passenger trains stop; maintain a telephone at the station so that patrons can call the operator at Montrose for assistance, and have a caretaker to make sure that freight is properly handled and delivered to consignees. [MPUC-1930]