Location: Saginaw, MI - Fraser Street Interurban Crossing
This was a Michigan Central (Jackson Branch) crossing of two interurban lines which operated on Michigan Avenue (SB) and Hamilton Street (NB). 1900 maps in the State of Michigan archives indicate that the interurban lines were operated in a single direction at this location. The tower was located at Fraser and Hamilton and it controlled both crossings.
This was a very simple interlocking with approach signals on the MC in both directions, and directional derails and dwarf signals on the interurban lines. The tower also controlled street crossing gates on the interurban lines in 1900. [SMA]