Station: Capac, MI
Capac was settled about 1857 in northwest St. Clair County. The Grand Trunk Western opened a station here in 1866. The town was incorporated as a village in1873. [MPN]
Capac was located on GTW's main line between Port Huron and Flint, about 25 miles east of Port Huron.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the GTW Capac depot with steam train arriving around the turn of the century. [Kathleen Abbey collection]. 2nd photo, A 1970's view of the depot. [Ron Hageimister, Jim Slater collection]. 3rd photo, Another view of the depot in March, 1986. [Charlie Whipp]. 4th photo, the restored depot which has been moved to a new location and serves as a museum, in 2003. [Alan Loftis]. 4th photo, a paragraph about the move of the museum in 1988.