Station: Emmet, MI
Emmet was settled about 1850 in St. Clair County. The town was incorporated as a village in 1883. [MPN]
Emmet was a station stop on the Grand Trunk Western railroad Port Huron to Flint main line, about 22 miles west of downtown Port Huron.
The Port Huron and Lake Michigan Railroad Company reported to the Michigan Commissioner of Railroads an accident on November 19, 1872 at Emmet. A passenger train, while taking wood, was run into from the rear by a special engine. "The night was very dark and snow falling heavily, and the engineer of the special did not observe the tail light of the passenger train in time to bring his engine to a full stop before striking the car. One passenger, Mrs. Parrish, was slightly hurt in the neck and back by the shock. [MCR/1873]