Station: Marine City, MI
Marine City was settled about 1820 at the mouth of the Belle River at the St. Clair River in St. Clair County. The town was called Cottrellville as well as Belle River. It became Marine in 1865 and then Marine City. The town was incorporated as a city in 1887. [MPN]
Marine City was near the south end of the Port Huron & Detroit railroad, about seven miles south of St. Clair and 16 miles south of Port Huron.
Photo Info/Credit: The Port Huron & Detroit railroad station at Marine City. [TJ Gaffney collection]