Location: Port Huron, MI - GTW Facilities
The Grand Trunk Western had major facilities in Port Huron in the early days, including a roundhouse, car shops, offices, and yards. In the early days, the railroad also had shops at Fort Gratiot which was north of early Port Huron but these burned down in the early 1920's and operations were moved here.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the "new" Grand Trunk Western car shops at Port Huron in 1984. [Charlie Whipp]. 2nd photo, the GTW freight house and offices, now abandoned in the late 1980's, on 24th Street in Port Huron. [Charlie Whipp]. 3rd photo, a GTGW Engine Crew at the yard in Port Huron in the 1940's. One of the crew members is Fred Meyers, father of the photographer. [Dale Meyers collection].