Station: St. Clair, MI
St. Clair was settled about 1820 along its namesake river, about 10 miles south of what became downtown Port Huron. It was the original county seat of St. Clair County but lost that distinction to Port Huron. Early on, the town was known as Palmer but changed to St. Clair in 1826. The town was incorporated as a village in 1850 and a city in 1858. [MPN]
St. Clair was located on the Port Huron & Detroit railroad (later CSX) as well as an interurban line.