Print

Station: Algonac, MI

Algonac was settled about 1805 and called Pointe du Chene (or Oak Point). The name was changed to Plainfield, and then Clay but Algonac was selected in 1843. The town, in St. Clair County about eight miles south of Marine City, was incorporated as a village in 1867 and then a city in 1967. [MPN]

Algonac was served by an interurban railroad which ran parallel to Lake St. Clair and along the St. Clair river. The town is opposite Harson's Island.