Station: Colon, MI
Colon is located on the eastern edge of St. Joseph County. The town was settled about 1832 and became incorporated as a village in 1904. [MPN]
Colon was located on the MC's Air Line Branch, which ran between Jackson and Niles via Three Rivers.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the MC depot at Colon. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, a wider angle photo of the depot. 3rd photo, a current photo of the former Colon depot in 2003. [Alan Loftis]
1917., The MC had an operator here on two shifts. [TRT]
1920. On the Michigan Central, this is a passenger, freight and express agency joint with the American Railway Express Company. Interline tickets are issued. T. P. Morton is the agent. The telegraph call sign is "CN". [MCOAS]