Print

Station: Colon, MI

MC Colon MI Depot MC Colon MI Depot MC Colon MI DepotColon is located on the eastern edge of St. Joseph County. The town was settled about 1832 and became incorporated as a village in 1904. [MPN]

Colon was located on the MC's Air Line Branch, which ran between Jackson and Niles via Three Rivers.

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the MC depot at Colon. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, a wider angle photo of the depot. 3rd photo, a current photo of the former Colon depot in 2003. [Alan Loftis]

1920 - On the Michigan Central, this is a passenger, freight and express agency joint with the American Railway Express Company. Interline tickets are issued. T. P. Morton is the agent. The telegraph call sign is "CN". [MCOAS]