Station: Fairfax, MI
Fairfax was settled in 1891 in eastern St. Joseph County. [MPN]
Fairfax was three miles west of Colon on the east-west Michigan Central Air Line Branch. This was the location of a crossing of the MC's Goshen Branch, which ran from Battle Creek to Sturgis and beyond. It was also known as Colon Junction in 1897.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, Fairfax interlocking looking east in 1910. The train is probably a southbound passenger train on the Battle Creek-Goshen branch. The interlocking tower can be seen at the left. [Mark Worrall collection] 2nd photo, a drawing of the interlocker, transcribed from the interlocker files at the State of Michigan Archive. [Dale Berry]