Station: Leonidas, MI
Leonidas was settled about 1831 in northeast St. Joseph County. It was called Fort Pleasant and renamed in 1850. [MPN]
Leonidas was located on the MC/LSMS Goshen Branch which ran between Battle Creek and Goshen via Sturgis.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Michigan Central depot at Leonidas. [Alan Loftis collection]
1917. The MC had an operator-agent here on the day shift. [TRT]