Station: Three Rivers, MI
Three Rivers was settled about 1830, near the joining of the St. Joseph, Rocky and Portage rivers. The town was incorporated as a village in 1855 and became a city in 1895. [MPN]
Three Rivers was located at the crossing of the east-west MC Air Line branch which ran between Jackson and Niles, and the north-south LSMS Kalamazoo Branch, which ran north from White Pigeon to Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the LSMS depot at Three Rivers with a passenger train stopped in front. Note the various horse powered delivery vehicles and carriages. 2nd photo, the park at the Michigan Central Three Rivers station. [Both, Alan Loftis collection]. 3rd photo, another view of the Lake Shore depot. [Alan Loftis collection]
1920 - On the Michigan Central Air Line, this is a passenger and freight agency. Interline tickets are issued. E. A. Montgomery is the agent. The telegraph call sign is "VE". [MCOAS]