Location: Three Rivers Junction, MI

Three Rivers Junction was created when the NYC Air Line was improved in the late 1950's to accommodate new through freight traffic from Jackson to Elkhart, Indiana. The new junction was 1.4 miles east of the station at Three Rivers and a long wye/connection track branched off the Air Lin reaching the NYC Kalamazoo Branch 1.2 miles south of Three Rivers station. This junction was controlled by the Jackson dispatcher on his CTC machine.