Station: Carsonville, MI
Carsonville was settled about 1853 as Hall's Corners. It was renamed when the railroad came through. It became a village in 1887. [MPN]
Carsonville is located in east central Sanilac County, about seven miles east of Sandusky. It was a station stop on the Pere Marquette railroad line between Saginaw and Port Huron.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the PM depot and elevator at Carsonville, with a passenger train taking on passengers and a mixed train on the siding. [Alan Loftis collection] 2nd photo, another photo of the depot in 1972. This may be a different depot or it simply may have a different roof. [Michael Frezell collection]
In 1898, the F&PM had a 60-car passing siding here as well as locomotive coaling facilities. They also had a daytime station agent/operator.