Print

Station: Marlette, MI

PM Marlette MI Depot PM Marlette MI Depot PM Marlette MI Depot PM Marlette MI Depot

PM Marlette MI ElevatorMarlette was settled about 1854 in southwest Sanilac County. It was incorporated as a village in 1881. [MPN]

Marlette was located on the Pere Marquette line between Saginaw and Port Huron.

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the PM depot at Marlette in 1986. The depot was built in 1891 and is used by a local historical group today. [Charlie Whipp]. 2nd poto, an old photo of the depot with a passenger train in front. 3rd photo, a 2005 photo of the Marlette depot. [Alan Loftis], 4th photo, a C&O local train approaches the depot in 1977. [Charlie Whipp]. 5th photo, a large grain elevator at Marlette, just west of the depot across the street. HESR maintains a switch engine at this site in 1977. [Dale Berry]