Station: Sandusky, MI
Sandusky was settled about 1870, named after the town of a similar name in Ohio. It was incorporated as a village in 1885 and for a period of time known as Sanilac Center. It was incorporated as a city in 1905. [MPN]
Sandusky is in central Sanilac County, and was served at one time by two railroads. The Pere Marquette ran a branch line west to here from Poland (near Carsonville) and the Detroit, Bay City & Western came through town on its line between Bay City and Port Huron.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Detroit, Bay City and Western depot at Sandusky, MI. [Alan Loftis collection]