Print

Station: Port Inland, MI

Port Inland was the headquarters of the Inland Lime & Ston Company and was completed in 1930. [MPN] The company had a quarry about seven railroad miles northeast of here on the Schoolcraft/Mackinac county border. Aggregate was brought south from the quarry to the port via an electric power industrial railroad, which interchanged with the Soo Line (later WC/CN) at Inland Junction. This industrial railroad was dieselized at a later date.