Station: Seney, MI
Seney was founded about 1882 with the coming of the Alger, Smith Company which logged the area. [MPN] The town was on the Duluth, South Shore & Atlantic railroad (later WC/CN) about 22 miles west of Newberry. Seney had an early reputation as a pretty rough town.
Seney was also an at-grade crossing of the north-south Manistique railway and the DSS&A.
The DSS&A had a water tower at Seney in 1907. [SSM1907]
The depot here was built on Railroad Street about 1890. [UPM]