Station: Bancroft, MI
Bancroft was settled about 1877 as a station on the Chicago & Lake Huron (later GTW/CN). The town became a village in 1883. [MPN] Bancroft was located on the GTW's main line which ran between Flint and Lansing. It is about five miles southwest of Durand in Shiawassee County.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the GTW depot at Bancroft. [Alan Loftis collection]