Station: Owosso, MI
Owosso was settled about 1835 and became a city in 1859. [MPN] The town, in central Shiawassee County was a division point for the Ann Arbor railroad and the AARR had locomotive service facilities here.
The town was also served by the Michigan Central's Jackson to Bay City branch, and the Grand Trunk Western's Detroit and Milwaukee line.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, a postcard view of the Ann Arbor railroad depot in Owosso. 2nd photo, the GTW station at Owosso in a postcard view. 3rd photo, the Michigan Central depot in the same town. [All, Alan Loftis collection]. 4th photo, the NYC freight house at Owosso in 1964. [Craig Gardner]; 5th photo is NYC 5643 and 5671 leading a freight train through Owosso in 1965. [Charles Geletzke]
The GTW had a water tower and standpipe at Owosso for filling locomotives. [GTWHS-Cal/89]