Station: Shaftsburg, MI
Shaftsburg was settled as Shaftsburgh about 1846 and was renamed in 1891. [MPN] It was a station stop on the Grand Trunk Western's main line about three miles southwest of Perry in southwest Shiawassee County.
June 11, 1930: The Michigan Public Utilities Commission allows the GTW to discontinue an agent at this location and operate it as a pre-paid station. The railroad is ordered to maintain the station in a sanitary condition, and provide a caretaker to handle freight and deliver it to customers. [MPUC-1930]