Station: Fairgrove, MI
Fairgrove was settled in northwest Tuscola County in 1852. The railroad came through in 1881 and the town was moved slightly to be on the railroad. The town became an incorporated village in 1901. [MPN]
Fairgrove was on the Pere Marquette line from Saginaw to Port Huron via Bad Axe. It is about four miles southwest of Akron.
Photo info/credit: Top, the PM depot at Fairgrove, taken in 1973. [Ron Hageuimister, Jim Slater collection]. 2nd photo, another view of the depot from the early 1900's. [Alan Loftis collection]