Station: Decatur, MI
Decatur was settled about 1847. Settlers gave land for a depot here when the Michigan Central came through in 1848. The town was incorporated as a villate in 1859. [MPN] Decatur was located on the Michigan Central's main line t Chicago, about 10 miles southwest of Lawton in Van Buren County.
Photo info/credit: The MC depot at Decatur. [Alan Loftis collection]
1920 - On the Michigan Central, this is a passenger ticket and freight agency. Interline tickets are also stocked. J. E. Foster is the agent. [MCOAS]