Station: Lacota, MI
Lacota was settled about 1837 in northwest Van Buren County. It was also known as Irvington and West Geneva. It was renamed to Lacota in 1884 at the request of the railroad. [MPN] The town was about three miles west of Grand Junction.
Photo info/credit: Top and 2nd photo, the Michigan Central depot at Lacota. [Both, Alan Loftis collection]