Station: Lawrence, MI
Lawrence was settled in central Van Buren County in 1835. It was known as Mason and Brush Creek, and renamed as Lawrence in 1844. The town became a village in 1865. [MPN]
Lawrence was located on a Pere Marquette branch line and is about eight miles west of Paw Paw.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the C&O depot at Lawrence in 1971. [Charles Geletzke Jr. photo.] 2nd photo, farmers load potatoes by the cartfull into waiting Pere Marquette freight cars at Lawrence. [Mark Worrall collection]