Print

Station: Dexter, MI

Dexter CentennialMC Dexter MI depot MC Dexter MI depot MC Dexter MI depot MC Dexter MI depot Dexter is located about eight miles northwest of downtown Ann Arbor in Washtenaw County. The town was settled about 1824, became a village in 1855 and a city in 2014. [MPN]

1920 - On the Michigan Central, this is a passenger, freight and express agency joint with the American Railway Express Company. Interline tickets are issued. W. C. Clark is the agent. The telegraph call sign is "D". [MCOAS]

Photo info/credit: Top, members of the town of Dexter, dressed for the period, celebrate the 100th centennial. [Stoner collection, UMB]. 2nd photo, the MC depot in Dexter with an eastbound passenger train taking on passengers. Note that the railroad main line is still single-tracked as of 1900 when this photo was taken. This depot was built in 1886 of wood construction. [Stoner photo/Michigan State Archives collection]. 3rd photo, an early photo of the same depot. 4th photo, The depot taken in 1989. [Charlie Whipp]. 5th photo, a 2002 shot of the restored depot, which now houses the Huron Valley Model Railroad Club. [Alan Loftis]