Location: Four Mile Lake, MI
Four Mile Lake was a location along the Michigan Central main line about three miles east of Chelsea. The railroad had track pans here for filling steam locomotives without stopping. A cement plant was also located here and there continues to be a siding here for that facility which has been repurposed. The east end of Amtrak's controlled Chelsea siding is located here, called CP Lake.
In 1923: A blue print from the Michigan Archives shows this was a Michigan Portland Cement Company facility at milepost D51 on the MC.
In 1927: Blue prints now indicate that the cement plant was operated as the Michigan State Prison Cement Plant, with six sidings in the vicinity. There were also three long storage tracks on the north side of the main line, east of the road crossing near the plant.