Station: Saline, MI
Saline was settled about 1824 on the original state trail which ran between Detroit and Chicago. The town became a village in 1866 and a city in 1931. [MPN]
Photo info/credit: Top a photo of the NYC station at Saline about 1950. 2nd photo, the depot in Saline in 2002. [Both, Alan Loftis collection]
Saline was located on the Detroit, Hillsdale & Southwestern railroad which ran from Ypsilanti to Bankers, just west of Hillsdale. Saline was about 10 miles southwest of Ypsilanti.
The town was also located at the end of an interurban electric railroad line which ran along Michigan from Ypsilanti.
The Detroit, Hillsdale and Indiana Railroad Company reported to the Michigan Commissioner of Railroads that the bridge over the Saline River about 1 mile west of the station was made of wood, "ordinary" construction. It was 230 feet long and built during 1870. Approximate longitude/latitude is 42-10.399 / 83-48.346. [MCR/1873]
The LS&MS had a water tower at Saline, as of 1926. [NYCtt1926]