Station: Willow Run, MI
Willow Run was platted as a village in 1943, following the establishment of a Ford Motor Company bomber plant in 1942 during World War II. [MPN]
The plant was located along the Michigan Central main line, about four miles east of Ypsilanti, bordering Washtenaw and Wayne counties. A wye and yard was established here by the New York Central. After the war, the plant was repurposed to make automobiles (Willow Run Assembly) and GM built a transmission plant nearby.