Station: Sherman, MI
Sherman was an unincorporated hamlet in Wexford County, located on what later became M-37 about 1.8 miles northeast of Messick. The town was apparently reached by a branch or logging line off the Toledo, Ann Arbor and Northern from the Messick area.
In 1890, the Detroit Free Press noted that Sherman was "quite an old town", having been laid out years ago but now brought into "railroad communication" with the outer world. It is the home of H. B. Sturtevant, of Gilbert & Sturtevant merchants. [DFP-1890-0104]