Location: Boulevard Tower, Ohio
Boulevard Tower was the crossing of the Ann Arbor and PRR Railroads and the Toledo Terminal Railroad spur to their Cherry Street station in north Toledo. This was a 72 lever electric interlocking with 44 working levers. It was maintained by the Ann Arbor Railroad.
Top, Boulevard Tower. 2nd photo, Boulevard Crossing looking northbound towards Lang Yard on the Detroit & Toledo Shore Line. This is the Toledo Terminal crossing, protected by a lighted target. [Jim Tarbell/Doug Leffler collection]. 3rd photo, N&W engines cross at Boulevard, in the 1960's. [Doug Leffler]. 4th photo, Toledo Terminal No. 47 passes the crossing in 1941. [Jim Tarbell/Doug Leffler collection]. 5th photo, a C&O puller crosses Boulevard Crossing in 1983. 6th photo, another C&O train at the crossing in the 1960's. [Both photos, Doug Leffler]