Print

Location: Toledo, Ohio

Toledo was founded in 1833 on the west bank of the Maumee River near the entrance from Lake Erie. It was originally part of Michigan, but annexed to Ohio after the "Toledo War" settlement in 1837 which gave this section of land to Ohio in exchange for Michigan receiving lands in what would become the Upper Peninsula. In 1845, the Miami and Erie canal was completed and the town grew rapidly as a transportation hub for lake, canal and railroads.

The Erie and Kalamazoo railroad was the first railroad in Toledo, extending from downtown to Adrian, Michigan.

Glass manufactures arrived in the 1880's and the town was knicknamed "Glass City". The population of Toledo in 2010 was 287,128, the fourth-most populous city in Ohio. The metropolitan region has a population of just over 600,000.

Over the years, the following railroads reached the Toledo region:

Toledo had three main groupings of passenger stations.

Note: On the Lucus County menu, locations along these llines are listed alphabetically or as a subset of Toledo, OH locations.