Station: Beech, MI
Beech was founded in 1871 with a store, and a sawmill built by the Dunning, Fisher & Rhode Company. The town was also knwn as Fishers, Fisher's Sation but renamed Beech in 1871. The area was absorbed by Detroit in 1906. [MPN] Beech was located along the Detroit, Lansing & Northern (later PM/C&O/CSX) line in Redford, west of Oak.