Location: Flat Rock Yard, MI
Flat Rock Yard was the Detroit, Toledo & Ironton's main classification yard in the Detroit terminal. From this location, the main line went to downriver industry along the Detroit River, and a branch line went north to the Ford Motor Rouge complex. Freight cars were classified from both lines here for distribution to the south.
The yard extends from Hall Road on the north to Vreeland Road on the south, about 1.7 miles in length.
The line north from here was electrified in the 1930's to the Ford Rouge complex but never used. The cement catenary poles remain. Pole footings were installed from here south to Maybee, MI but the poles never installed.
Location: 42o06.974'N / 83o15.491'W.