Location: Greenfield Village, Dearborn, MI
Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum (called "The Henry Ford") is a historical village created by Henry Ford in the 1920's and opened in 1933 in west Dearborn. The Village has a connection on the Michigan Central main line (Detroit to Chicago) about 1 mile west of the Southfield expressway.
The Village has a standard-gauge railroad loop which is about 1.5 miles long which pulls tourists around the facility from Smith's Creek Station. The line also has period semaphore signaling installed, as well as a working roundhouse and water tower.
A spur off the former MC line leads to the Henry Ford Museum which contains a number of static steam locomotives and other railroad passenger and freight cars.
Photo info/credit: Top, Smith's Creek Depot at Greenfield Village, in Dearborn. This was a former Grand Trunk depot from St. Clair County which played a role in Thomas Edison's life. 2003 photo. 2nd photo, another photo of the depot with the "Torch Lake" locomotive in back. [Both, Alan Loftis]
Location: 42o18.212'N / 83o15.040'W.
Greenfield Village has a 70' hand operated turntable, moved hee from the Pere Marquette in Petoskey. They also have a water tower.