Station: Highland Park, MI
The area north of downtown Detroit which became Highland Park was settled about 1818 and platted in 1825. The town became a village in 1889 and a city in 1917. Ford Motor established its factory here in 1909. [MPN]
Highland Park was served by the Detroit, Grand Haven & Milwaukee railroad (later GTW/ CN) and the Detroit Terminal railroad, which was owned by the GTW, MC and LSMS. The town was also served by numerous street car lines.
1917: The GTW had a station agent here during the day. [TRT]
1923. The Detroit Terminal railroad and Pennsylvania railroad agree to raise tracks over the next two years. Oakland avenue will be elevated and Hamilton avenue to Woodward the railroad will be elevated. [DFP-1923-1125]