Location: Milwaukee Junction, Detroit, MI - GTW Facilities
Milwaukee Junction was the main location for Grand Trunk Western locomotive and car maintenance. Two main GTW lines crossed here (the Detroit to Grand Haven cross-state line, and the Port Huron to Detroit line).
In the early days, most of GTW's freight customers were along their line to Brush Street station along the river front, and along their line to the West Detroit area. Most of the shops were in the southeast quadrant of the crossing. The GTW had a roundhouse in the southeast quadrant of Milwaukee Junction. [MCTC-1950]
Photo info/credit: Top, this is the Grand Trunk Western office at Milwaukee Junction, taken in 1986. It was located in the SW quadrant of the crossing. [Charlie Whipp]
Location: 42o22.740'N / 83o03.376'W.
The GTW had a water tower at Milwaukee Junction. [MRC-Cal/73]