Station: Oak, MI
Oak was settled around 1858 and became a station stop on the Detroit, Grand Rapids & Western railroad (later PM/C&O/CSX) about seven miles northwest of Rougemere Yard. The DGR&W main line from Lansing came east through here on their original route to West Detroit and the MC depot which they used until Fort Street Union Station was established. In conjunction with the building of the Fort Street Station, the railroad (now under Pere Marquette control) built a new main line from this location (Oak) southeast through Springwells township to Delray. Once complete, the line to West Detroit became an industrial branch line. Much of it is still in existance today. Oak was absorbed by the City of Detroit in the early 1900's.
Oak was also known as Redford Junction. [MRC-10/76]