Station: Plymouth, MI
Plymouth was settled in northwest Wayne County in 1825. The town became a village in 1867 and a city in 1932. [MPN]
Plymouth was the crossing of the west-east Detroit, Lansing & Northern railroad (from Detroit to Ionia/Grand Rapids) and the north-south Flint & Pere Marquette (Toledo northwest to Ludington via Saginaw and Midland). These railroads were merged about 1900 and this became a major junction point for the Pere Marquette, which had a large roundhouse here.
Photo info/credit: Top, the Pere Marquette depot at Plymouth. [Alan Loftis collection] 2nd photo, a 1910 photo of the Plymouth depot with a locomotive nearby. [Dale Berry collection]. 3rd photo, the C&O depot at Plymouth in 1972. [Charles Geletzke Jr.] 4th photo, Plymouth interlocking and its 1-story building and yardmaster's office. A Chessie freight is approaching from the south.1980's. [Dale Berry]