Station: River Rouge, MI
River Rouge was settled in the 1700's by French settlers who established ribbon farms in the area off the Detroit and Rouge rivers. The town was incorporated as a village in 1899 and a city in 1922. [MPN] River Rouge also includes the area known as Zug Island.
Photo info/credit: Top, a postcard view of the Michigan Central depot at River Rouge early in the 20th century. [Alan Loftis collection]