Station: Sibley, MI

Solvey Process Sibley Quarry Railroad Solvey Process Sibley Quarry Railroad The Sibley area was serttled about 1749 when a limestone quarry was established here. The quarry was purchase by Soloman Sibley in 1823 and became a major producer of aggregate. The town of Sibley was established near the quarry and became a village in 1920. It was annexed by the City of Trenton in 1929. [MPN]

Photo info/credit: Top and 2nd photo: These photos are believed to be from the Solvey Process Company (T.S.P.Co. - The Solvey Process Company) from their operation at Sibley, Michigan. [Jim Tarbell/Doug Leffler collection]