Location: Tower J, Detroit, MI

In 1911, Tower J was the eastbound entrance to Junction Yard in Detroit. The location of the tower was at approximately Wyoming Avenue (and Southern Avenue) in Springwells Township (now east Dearborn). It was located in the timetable at milepost 5.21 from Detroit, 3.3 miles west of West Detroit.

When the Michigan Central built their Junction Yard branch from YD to the area of the Ford Rouge complex, the Michigan Central moved Tower J from this location to Town Line Road (now Greenfield Road). After this point, the area around Tower J was known as Miller Road and the railroad used a switch tender at this location from time to time.