Location: West Detroit Yard, MI (PM)
The original Pere Marquette (Detroit, Lansing & Northern) line into Detroit came southeast as far as West Detroit where a connection was made with the Michigan Central. The DL&N used the MC line to the MC depot at the foot of Third Street. The PM's original Detroit yard was at West Detroit in the northwest quadrant of the crossing of the MC and Wabash/GTW.
1889 scales. The DL&N installed a new 24-foot track scale at West Detroit, as well as an engine house, coal sheds, sand house and turndable. [DL&N-1889]