Mine: Wauseca-Aronson Mine, Mineral Hills, MI


Waiseca Mine and Aronson Mine → Wauseca-Aronson Mine → Became

From: 1910-1911

Location: SE-NW and SW-NE (Wauseca); E 1/2-NW-SE (Aronson) of Section 23 of T43N-R35W

Owned by: Hanna Coal & Ore Corporation (M.A. Hanna Co. agent)

Produced: Iron Ore, hard, red high phosphorus. Crushed.;

Method: Underground. Sub-level shoping. Depth 1,142 feet.

Railroad connection:

Until: 

Lifetime Production: 3,771,679 between 1926 and 1950.


The Wauseca-Aronson Mine was located in Mineral Hills north of Iron River. It was opened in 1910-1911.  See also Aronson Mine.

Wauseca opened in 1926; shipped through 1929. Operated by Mineral Mining Co. Sometimes known as the Konwinski Mine. Stockpile shipments in 1940 and 1941 made by M.A. Hanna. Assigned to Hanna Coal & Ore Corp. in 1941, with the Aronson, and has shopped each year 1942 to date (1950). Shipments from Aronson started in 1947. [LSIO]