Mine: Wauseca-Aronson Mine, Mineral Hills, MI
Waiseca Mine and Aronson Mine → Wauseca-Aronson Mine → Became
Location: SE-NW and SW-NE (Wauseca); E 1/2-NW-SE (Aronson) of Section 23 of T43N-R35W
Owned by: Hanna Coal & Ore Corporation (M.A. Hanna Co. agent)
Produced: Iron Ore, hard, red high phosphorus. Crushed.;
Method: Underground. Sub-level shoping. Depth 1,142 feet.
Lifetime Production: 3,771,679 between 1926 and 1950.
The Wauseca-Aronson Mine was located in Mineral Hills north of Iron River. It was opened in 1910-1911. See also Aronson Mine.
Wauseca opened in 1926; shipped through 1929. Operated by Mineral Mining Co. Sometimes known as the Konwinski Mine. Stockpile shipments in 1940 and 1941 made by M.A. Hanna. Assigned to Hanna Coal & Ore Corp. in 1941, with the Aronson, and has shopped each year 1942 to date (1950). Shipments from Aronson started in 1947. [LSIO]