Print

Mine: Warner Mine, Amasa, MI


Michigan, Gibson, Bay Shore and Warner → Warner Mine → Became

From: 1915

Location: E 1/2-NW, SW-NE, NE-SW and SE Sec. 9; SW-SW Sec. 10; E 1/2-NW and NE-NW Sec. 15; and NE-NE Sec. 16 of T44N-R33E. Includes Michigan Mine, NE-NW Sec. 9; Gibson, NW-NW Sec. 15, former Warner which included SE Sec. 9; and Bay Shore, E-NE Sec. 16.

Owned by: Hemlockd River Mining Co. (Pickand Mather & Co. agent), then North Range Mining Co. in 1948.

Produced: Iron Ore, hard, red and purple non-besseemer.

Method: Underground stoping method. Depth 1,239 feet (11th level)

Railroad connection: C&NW to port of Escanaba.

Until: 1940 (closed). Shipped again in 1951.

Lifetime Production: 1,868,637 tons between 1915 and 1937.


The Warner Mine was located in Amasa in Iron County. It was closed in 1940. Might have shipped again in 1951. [LSIO]