Mine: Cannon Mine, Stambaugh, MI
Began → Cannon Mine → Became
Location: Location: N 1/2-SE (Bengal), S 1/2-SE (Tully) of Sec. 26 of T43N-R35W. And NW-SW Sec 31 of T43N-R35W.
Produced: Iron Ore
Stamp Mill/Pellet Plant:
The Cannon Mine was located in Stambaugh in Iron County.
See Bengal-Tully Mine for details.
Began → Bengal-Tully-Cannon Mine → Became
From: 1909 (Tully) and 1913 (Bengal)
Location: N 1/2-SE (Bengal), S 1/2-SE (Tully) of Sec. 26 of T43N-R35W. And NW-SW Sec 31 of T43N-R35W.
Owned by: Bengal by Verona Mining Col (Pickands Mather & Co. agent). Acquired by Hanna Iron Ore Co. in 1944. Tully by Corrigan McKinney Steel Col. and later acquired by Hanna Iron Ore Co.
Produced: Iron Ore, soft, red-brown, high phosphorus. Part crushed.
Method: Underground. Bengal by stoping and slicing methods to 875 feet. Tully worked by milling method.
Railroad connection: C&NW to Escanaba port.
Lifetime Production: 6,825,040 between 1910-1950. Remains open.
The Bengel-Tully-Cannon mine was located in Stambaugh in Iron County.
Upon completion of new shaft now being sunk (1950), this mine will be called the Cannon Mine.