Station: Hudson Motors Plant - Detroit, MI
The Hudson Motor Car Company existed from 1909 to 1954 when it merged with Nash-Kelvinator to form the American Motors Corporation (AMC). The name came from Joseph L. Hudson, a Detroit department store entrepreneur who provided much of the capital for the operation. The original factory was at Mack Avenue and Beaufait Streets, but was moved to a larger facility (photo at left) at Jefferson Avenue and Conner. [WIKI]
The facility was served by the Detroit Terminal railroad.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Hudson automobile plant in Detroit in 1918 in a postcard view. [Dale Berry collection]. 2nd photo, loading new Hudsons at their Detroit Plant on the Detroit Terminal railroad.