Industry: Michigan Car Company, Detroit, MI
Built → Michigan Car Co. → Michigan-Pensinsular Car Co. → American Car and Foundary → xxxxx
The Michigan Car Company manufactured railroad cars in Detroit. In 1873, it relocated to the northeast quadrant o Grand Trunk Junction (West Detroit). The company was founded by John S. Newberry and James McMillan.
In 1892, the company merged with th Peninsular Car Company to become the Michigan-Peninsular Car Company, the largest manufacture of railcars at the time. In 1899, it merged with smaller firms to form the American Car and Foundary.